Side event: involvement of local actors in the UPR process
The delegation of Kingdom of Morocco in partnership with Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea, UPR Info and Moroccan Interministerial Delegation for Human Rights organizes an event on the margins of the 51st session of the Human Right Council under the theme “The involvement of local actors in the UPR process: implementation of recommendations, monitoring and advocacy”.
The event will take place on 21 September 2022, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm CEST in room XXV of the Palais des Nations, Geneva.
It will be the occasion to exchange:
- Good practices established by States concerning the involvement of local actors in the UPR process and the alignment of actions in human rights on the SDGs;
- On the role of national reporting mechanisms and monitoring of the implementation of UN recommendations;
- Sharing experiences and engaging a reflection on the means aimed at improving connectivity between national actors and how to face the challenges of implementing the recommendations at local level.
The event will also be an occasion to share emerging promising/good practices and innovative initiatives at the beginning of this 4th cycle on the involvement of local stakeholders in the UPR process.
- H.E.Mr. Federico Villegas, Ambassador Permanent Representative of Argentina and president of the Human Rights Council
- H.E.Mr. Taeho Lee, Ambassador Permanent Representative of the Republic of Korea
- Mr. Ahmed Chaouqui Benyoub ,Interministerial Delegate for Human Rights
- Mr. Gianni Magazzeni, Head of UPR Branch at OHCHR
- Mrs. Mona M'Bikay, Director of UPR Info
Modarator: H.E. Mr. Omar ZNIBER, Ambassador Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Morocco in Geneva